We are growing a sustainable, subsidised, speech-language therapy service for children
We are working to give families another speech-language therapy referral pathway besides the free, public speech-language therapy service, and some subsidies are already available. Please note:
- We offer an initial 50% subsidy to reduce the cost of your child's first appointment by half from $80 to a $40 minimum fee.
- More subsidies and our 3 service guarantees are available for families when children are formally referred to us by their school or ECE and the school or ECE holds a Dedicated Referrer subscription with us.
- Our subsidies and our no-cost payment plans are intended to help families access speech-language therapy for their children where affordability may have been a barrier.
- Subsidies operate on an honesty basis, and the real cost of service is far greater than the subsidised minimum fee. We ask families to please always pay according to what they can afford (ideally more than the subsidised minimum fee and up to the full standard fee) to help keep subsidies going.
- Families who have access to other funding sources are not eligible for subsidies and will be charged standard fees (for example: Oranga Tamariki, UpsideDowns Education Trust, Mana Whaikaha, Permanent Caregiver Support). We can provide quotes and / or invoices for approval by funding agencies as needed.
WINZ allowances for children and adults
We help people and families apply for:
- The Child Disability Allowance (not income tested) is potentially available for children to help pay for the cost of extra care and supervision for children who have a Communication Disorder.
- The Disability Allowance (income tested) is potentially available for both children and adults to help pay for the cost of speech-language therapy intervention to treat their Communication Disorder.
While our current priority is providing subsidies for children, we are also working toward being able to provide subsidies for adults who are students, beneficiaries, community services card holders, etc., who are in financial need AND who do not have access to any other source of funding. So no guarantees at this stage, but please feel free to ask.
General fee and payment information
- We accept direct debit payment plans (you tell us the payment amount & frequency that works for you), and we don't charge interest or hidden account fees to have a payment plan.
- We work with people and families on an individualised and mutually agreed basis and do not lock you into service contracts.
- Fees are charged per appointment, and will never charge extra for activities completed during the appointment without discussing this with you up front first.
- We provide appointment letters on request and provide referrals as needed - no extra charge.
- All fees listed include GST.
- Fees are the same for in-person and telehealth services.
- The standard half-hour appointment fee is $80, and the standard 1-hour appointment fee is $150.
- The standard fee for screenings is $80
- The standard fee for big assessments including an assessment report is $300+